Sunday, July 4, 2010

Aloe Vera Gel For Moisturizing Natural Hair

Do you ever get tired of searching through forums and the net reading up on the latest “it” factor for moisture or growth? Are you exhausted after reading through the labels for hair care products? Do you need to tame the inner PJ (product junkie) in you from buying tons of expensive products that claim to fulfill your hair care needs? Well, look no further than today’s post! Aloe Vera Gel is an all natural alternative to many store bought/synthetic products that has been established as a very helpful tool in the management of our hair!

So, I have officially jumped on the Aloe Vera bandwagon! I have found this element of nature to be excellent for my kinks and curls, now remember, I have natural hair! Relaxed ladies, I can’t say what will work best for your tresses, however, I urge you to read on – I’ve heard that it helps relaxed hair just the same!

Aloe Vera Gel Benefits for Hair:

Detangles
Moisturizes
Activates Fresh Growth
Heals and Soothes Damaged Scalp from Scratches, Burns, Dandruff, etc.
Reduces Dandruff, Itchy, Scaly Scalp and Seborrheic Dermatitis
Balances pH Level of Hair
Tames Oily Hair
Defines Curl
May Serve as a Holding Gel
Prevents Excessive Hair Loss
Enhances Cellular Rejuvenation
Contains Natural Building Enzyme for Proteins
Anti-Inflammatory
After reading all of those pros, we see that Aloe Vera Gel isn’t just excellent for the skin or its internal effects on the body, but it’s great for the hair as well! I say it’s worth a try! I use Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Gel, by Lily of the Desert. While using it for such a short time, it has proved to moisturize my hair instantly! I haven’t had a chance to experiment with its growth properties on my hair yet, as I have been using it on the hair as a moisturizer not on the scalp (I’m trying castor oil for growth on my scalp thanks to the bhp Castor Oil Challenge). I have heard of ladies mixing aloe vera with glycerin and rosewater for moisture. I have also heard of the coconut milk, aloe vera, and wheat germ oil combination for a growth shampoo. I currently use mine straight out of the bottle, though I’m not opposed to adding other ingredients to it to make a thrifty concoction. I moisturize my hair with the Aloe Vera Gel, applying it directly onto the hair, then I seal with coconut oil. I strongly suggest sealing the AV gel with an oil in order to lock in the moisture.

Though I love Aloe Vera Gel, I would recommend that anyone who is willing to try it, use it with caution, as everyone’s hair does not react the same way to all products, natural or not. If you decide to try the Aloe Vera Gel, I strongly suggest that you use the all natural Aloe Vera Gel with no alcohols and/or little to no preservatives. A health food store is the best place to find such, although through a careful search at WalMart (and maybe even your neighborhood pharmacy), you will probably be able to locate it as well. I will keep you posted on my future successes. Until next time, Happy Healthy Hair Growing!!!





Courtesy of Amina from Black Hair Planet

1 comment:

  1. Excellent tips. Really useful stuff .Never had an idea about this, will look for more of such informative posts from your side... Good job...Keep it up lily of the desert aloe vera juice inner fillet

    ReplyDelete