Monday, July 5, 2010

Homemade Hair Care Recipe #2





Shae's Pudding by Shawnette on Mixology101.ning.com


Here are some photos of my son before and after 2 days. He's karate instructor and isn't into haircare, so if it can hold up to what he puts it through, then it must be good stuff, lol! (he gets about 4 days out of an application.)


Ok, I absolutely love my hair, but I'm always looking for something "better". (Aren't we all?) I've been known to spend some bucks on latest greatest thing but the economy has put a crimp on my spending. I've been wanting to try Miss Jessie's, but I just can't justify the expense. Besides, I kinda like jackin' around with stuff for my skin and hair, so this is the concoction that I've come up with. It works awesome! My son even lets me use it on his hair. I call it Shae's Pudding because my brother's call me Shae.

The Base Recipe:

1 20oz jar IC Hair Polisher Styling Gel - $3.69 (I used the Olive. Smells yummy!)
4oz Unrefined Raw Shea Butter - $5.99 for 16oz (I actually use a 50/50 shea/cocoa mix)
1oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil - Already on hand because I use it for cooking.

Extra Moisture Version:

1 jar IC Hair Polisher Styling Gel
4oz Aloe Vera Gel
4oz Unrefined Raw Shea Butter (I actually use a 50/50 shea/cocoa mix)
1oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1oz Vitamin E Oil

Soften the shea butter. Add the oil and using a hand blender or food processor, whip the shea butter. While still mixing, add the gel a little at a time. Continue to whip until smooth.

Tips:

1. Use whatever oil you like. I used Olive because I had some in the kitchen and my IC was Olive. (My latest batch was made with Avocado oil.)
2. My hair tends to be dry, so now I use a 50/50 blend of shea and cocoa butter instead of pure shea and I also add about 4oz aloe gel (99% pure) and about .75oz Mega Care Vitamin E oil (1/2 tube) to the original ingredients.
3. I usually use it on damp or dry hair, not soaking wet hair because I really don't like the Jheri Curl look. (And I'm lazy. Shingling takes wayyy too long!) I twist my hair after applying. (Best twistouts EVAH!)
4. Don't use food grade aloe. Lol, trust me, it's not worth all the extra effort. OMG! I made a batch of shealoe with food grade. NEVER again, lol. It took forever to get it blended properly.

Enjoy! Your hair and your bank account will thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment