Monday, July 5, 2010

Homemade Hair Care Recipe


Jojoconut Gel by Shawnette on Mixology101.ning.com.


Ok, so I was checkin' out Gypsycurl's youtube video on Jojoba gel a few months ago and it was good, but not quite what I was going for, so changed it up a lil bit. I'm pretty pleased with the results. I get pretty good curl definition and softness with a light hold. If Shae's Pudding is too heavy for you, then you should try this recipe. It's especially great if you have a silky hair texture (which I don't, lol). It's not really heavy and has just enough oil to control frizz, but won't make your hair greasy. It's awesome on my baby boy's hair.


Normal disclaimer: All measurements are approximate. I just dump stuff in and guess at the amount. I'm pretty good at guessing, though.


3-4oz Vitamin E Gel (you can get it at Walgreens, it's with the Aloe Vera gel)
3-4oz Flax seed gel (very thick)
1oz Jojoba Oil
1oz Coconut oil (optional. my hair loves coconut oil)


Mix ingredients well and apply to damp (or wet) hair. (I spray my hair down with my leave in, then apply this gel, twist and seal.)

No comments:

Post a Comment