Monday, July 5, 2010

The Baggy Method

Ok, let's get right down to business. I was on BHM today and a newbie was confused on how to do the "baggy" method, so I decided to just make a quick tutorial on the matter. So... what is the baggy method? Baggying is when you moisturize your hair and/or ends, seal it with oil, and then apply a plastic bag over. This method is very good because it locks in moisture which is a must for growth and maintaining growth. It's an extremely easy thing to do and you can even wear phony ponies/buns over your hair!

Step 1: Prepping
Apply about a dime size amount of your favorite moisturizer to your hand. I use S-Curl since it's so good. You can use anything under the sun. Wave Nouveau Moisturizing Lotion was a favorite of mine 'til I fell for S-Curl. You can also use The Best Hairspray Period (in Hair Products) or the glycerine/water mix.

Step 2: Application
Apply the moisturizer onto hair, concentrating on the ends. I seperate my hair into two pigtails (ponies, whatever). I then apply either coconut oil or almond oil for sealing. Sealing is absolutely important! It helps the moisture stay in place since oil is made up of larger molecules than moisturizers.


Step 3: Baggying
I braid the hair loosely and apply a small sandwich bag over. I then tie it with an elastic to keep it secure. I do the same with the other side and cover my whole head with a satin bonnet.

Courtesy of The Coarse Hair Diary

No comments:

Post a Comment